Dear g-d… where has the time gone? It seems like just last month we were in Spokane sitting on the beach at our lake cabin…. or was it that it was that we were celebrating the ringing in of 2009? More people have been telling us… only 100 more days till……. I really don’t want to hear that. But, regardless of “time flying by” – I have found that I’ve let my blog slip off to the wayside and I’ve not done any showcasing of our portfolio or photography.
So, for posterity – here are the posts I made to my Facebook profile & a photo or two from our trip.
1. up early – just after sunrise.. chill in the air & steam rising from the water on the lake. wandered down w/ camera in hand (of course)… ducks, loons & gulls making all kinds of noise… peaceful & beautiful pictures.
2. spent the afternoon w/ our kids & grandkids… sat down at the lake & watched the neighborhood dogs chase balls in the water. the kids swam & splashed in the water… got great pics of all. listening to the geese honking while flying overhead… drink in hand & dinner on the way.. til later
3. relaxing on the deck. (did you hear that – I said the word relaxing… the kids went for a walk – might go swim in the lake later. 4. the kids left for home. all is quiet now… time to break out the wine! looking forward to exploring the area tomorrow… might sweet talk gc into heading up to canada tomorrow… canadian rockies, here i come 😉
5. cool, sunny morning on the lake. amazing how quiet it is up here. very few cricket noises, no frogs. sometimes you’ll hear the ducks or the loons… amazing, there are NO mosqitos… but there are yellow jackets.
6. granite point park – beautiful place on Loon Lake… cool place that was built in 1939.
7. sitting & enjoying some Alaskan Amber ale…. gosh some of the best beer we’ve ever had!!!
8. it is truly amazing when stepping out on the deck & there is not a cloud in the sky & all you see are stars… yes, you can really see the milky way clearly from here. peaceful dreamy & there is definitely something else bigger out there. until tomorrow…
9. spent the day in spokane walking around River Front park. the area is clean B the falls are gorgeous. Its no wonder the Spokane indians settled around the region. The energy is amazing. heading back to the lake – but of course after some wonderful NW beer 🙂
10. sat out on the deck this evening, chill in the air tells that fall is coming soon. the stars are quite bright, I see constellations that I know the shapes, but can’t remember the names. I looking for my friend Orion, but he’s not up in the sky just yet. Peaceful still water that’s in contrast to the noise of the falls. will try to rise early to photograph the sunrise – we’ll see.
11. fished our coffee & watched a family of wild turkey walk in front our deck… & an eagle just swooped in front of me… with a hawk squawking in the tree. great energy/animal medicine today is gonna be fantastic!
- coffee with cream or sugar I can see, but fish? 😉 Other than that, the morning sounds great.
- ….when typing on a tiny keyboard you have no idea what keys you hit… i think it was supposed to be ”finished our coffee” 😉
- Based on the averian theme, I’m guessing it was perch flavored.
- Glad you’re having a great time fishing!
- …..well I guess we have to bring back some fresh trout or bass for you… the rods are in the shed waiting to be hooked up w/ bait.
- fished your coffee??? are you going for Java Trout?
- …..you know, that could be a name of a coffee shop out on a lake front resort… especially up here in the NW
12. spent the day driving around the spokane area today. It was fun watching GC try to remember his way around. We found our way to Liberty Lake – what a gorgeous area.
13. last nite at the lake. sitting on the deck. cool clean air. hearing the crickets & occasional dog barking in the distance. the sky is so bright w/ stars that i am brought to tears. I am truly going to miss the energy & awe of this place. like… before, the milkyway is bright, the big dipper is BIG & my buddy Mars is shining clear. peace ya’ll
14. the kids surpised us & gave us a nite at the Cour D’Alene Resort. gorgeous hotel on the lake & room w/ a view. (fireplace, balcony, etc.). spending the day walking thru a town of artists & then off to walk some trails & maybe venture to see the floating golf green.